July 05, 2013

Why does everyone want to go to Law School?, Ctd 'best [Wall Street]cover letter ever' student wants to go to law school


The Business Insider and Forbes magazine featured what was labelled as the 'best cover letter ever': a direct communication from a student to a big Wall Street exec for a summer internship.

The situation of the student was that he/she wants to be an investment banker. At time of sending the person was an undergraduate finance student planning to do a masters in accounting. 

And get this, and I quote: 
"I am currently awaiting admission results for (BLOCKED) Masters of Science in Accountancy program, which I would begin this fall if admitted. I am also planning on attending law school after my master’s program, which we spoke about in New York."
OK, Above the Law featured good authority that going to law school does not help, endorse or ameliorate the cause of any person looking to get into finance. 

I have three letters and a question mark for you: WTF? Why the hell does everyone want to go to law school!? My conclusion: too much myth and court room drama TV watching. 

Read the Forbes feature of the now famously blunt and acerbic cover letter here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...