May 27, 2014

David Baddiel - Writing is hard, Ctd

In May 2014 David Baddiel (@Baddiel) spoke on Radio 4, Open Book with Mariella Frostrup and said:
"I am very distractable. I could get empires built in literary terms if I didn’t constantly get distracted. Constantly look at the Internet."
He wrote in 2010:
"I make sure I write something every day but it comes after hours of p***ing about, making tea, reading stuff on the internet and taking the children to school. A lot of the time I just look out the window. I listen to music on Spotify a lot, which takes 25 minutes to choose what to listen to then another 25 minutes of listening to Spotify's suggestions. Dave Gorman said the problem with writing now is the internet is there, it's a window on the world and you want to look through it especially when there are a lot of naked women through that window. It's incredible anyone gets anything done any more."
Edna O’Brien said:
"[The book] was hell to do. They’re all hell to do." - 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...